Monday, July 1, 2013

Tate's First Day of Kindergarten

Blog catch-up - This is a prior post updated now with pictures.

Tate was soooo excited the night before his first day of kindergarten. So excited in fact, he couldn't sleep. He kept running downstairs saying, 'I tried counting sheep, it doesn't work', 'I am closing my eyes but nothing happens', etc.
He finally fell asleep around 10:30 pm. He woke up at 7 am the morning of school and came and got me out of bed, 'come on mom, I don't want to miss the bus!'. He put on his new outfit, had his favorite cereal - Frosted Flakes, and then started having serious talks with Beau. 'Now Beau, I am going to school now. I am going to ride the bus and be at kindergarten. You will stay here with mommy.'
Beau, 'I'm gonna miss you! Don't go on the bus!' Beau then started to cry and I think Tate got pretty close to crying too. He said, 'I'm going to miss you too Beau' and they gave eachother a big hug.

We went out to the bus stop across the street at 7:50. It arrived at 7:55 and he was off! Happy as can be, waving with a big smile!

Tate really wanted a surprise party for him when he got home from his first day. So while he was gone, Beau and I picked up some balloons and decorated the joint. When Tate got home at 11:45, he came running to me, gave me a big hug and said, 'Mom, sorry I was gone at school so long.' Such a good boy! We love him so much. He was super excited to see the balloons, gave Beau a big hug telling him, 'It was awesome!'

 'Its ok Beau, I'll be home soon'

 Handsome Kindergartener


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever read! Tate is the best! I love that he wanted a surprise party! haha miss you guys!