Friday, September 24, 2010

On the Eve of Beau's Birthday

Our precious Beau Craig was born on September 25, 2009. When I first saw Beau I said, "Oh, he's so beautiful" and I knew the name Beau fit him perfectly. His middle name is after my father - who has always been the best example to me of kindness and love. Beau has such joy in life - always smiling at others, watching the world with curiosity and excitement. And he laughs. Oh, how he laughs. Its like he wants to let everyone in on the secret of how great life is. He laughs at my smiles, he laughs at Tate's actions and faces, and he laughs when others are laughing at a story or joke (pleased that they are happy too). I think Beau has his father's undying optimism, calmness, and pure sweetness.

Dear Beau,
Tonight on the eve of your birthday, when I hesitatingly have to say goodbye to your babyhood - I want to tell you how much you have made my world - and I love you. Don't grow too fast. (tears)

Love,
Mom





4 comments:

Marie W said...

Sweet, sweet Beau. You are growing up too fast! Love you, Lins.

Wendy P said...

you made my eyes all watery! Happy Birthday Beau!

Lyssa said...

happy birthday sweet Beau!

Rachel said...

Loved this post! I agree with all you said about little Beau. What a sweet boy! Sure miss you all.